The association LIS Lab Performing Arts with the support of Fondazione Piemonte dal Vivo, Comune di Verbania and in collaboration with Comune di Cannobio, announces the second edition of the ‘International CROSS award’ for artists and companies in the field of performing arts and music, with particular attention to productions focused on the close interaction between musical composition and action on stage.
The award aims to promote research and artistic expressions related to the combination of different styles and genres, considering multi-language practices and the mix of techniques and codes pertaining to the various performing arts. The goal of the competition is to identify new productions -thoroughly unpublished- that put in dialogue the language of the body and of the stage performance with musical composition, without restrictions or constraints of kind, category or practice.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
The call is open to individual artists, professionals and companies. The project must be submitted as a production that can be developed during the different phases of the residency and it should include the most diverse expressive practices (as such: dance, music composition and interpretation, dj-set, live soundtrack, composition of a soundtrack, activity of noise music, theatre, body performance, singing, new technologies, video art, motion-capture, readings, site-specific design).
Each participant can present only one project. To be considered for the award, must be presented only unpublished projects - therefore debut works – that need to be carried out during the first period of the artistic residency. The award is open to all groups, companies, collective and individual artists, both national and international, with at least 3 years of production demonstrated by CV.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participation in the CROSS competition is free. Registration includes an on-line form and the acceptance of these rules. Entry documentation consists in the application form filled in and signed on the site www.crossaward.com.
The entry form must list the following information, together with the submission of the following documents:
- Project title;
- In the appropriate sections enter personal details of the contact person of the project and the other members of the group / collective / company who will take part in the project and in the residency (specifying the role played by the members of the group);
- Contact details of the contact person (address, phone number, e-mail);
- Audio tracks - enter author and title for both unpublished original compositions and music already covered by copyright. If not present, indicate “not present”;
- Curriculum Vitae of each single participant or the company proposing;
- Portfolio with a selection of the works created by the artist / company. Insert links to audio visual material in the appropriate section of the online-form. Videos must be uploaded onto external servers (vimeo, youtube and other channels) and login credentials to these platforms must be reported. The file must not exceed 10 MB in size;
- Description of the project to be presented may be integrated with images, sketches and other material considered important for the explanation of the work presented. (4000 characters - excluding spacing in .pdf format). Admitted languages: Italian and English. The file must not exceed 10 MB in size.
Applications must be submitted no later than 23:59 on 16th May 2016. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
The evaluation of the feasibility of the project performance within the constraints (economic and logistical) expressed in this announcement is to be borne by the artist / company. For additional information regarding equipment and space available, or other information, you can write to email@example.com.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTRACT
By submitting the entry form, the artist / company:
- Guarantees the intellectual property and the full availability of the project and of the performance that will result;
- Guarantees the ownership of all rights related to the project and the resulting performance, including the right to publish images and photographs. It also guarantees any rights and roofing for works involving music or images that are not original;
- Grants to the Association LIS lab Performing Arts, without any time limits, the right to reproduce and use images and photographs of the project and of the performance, resulting directly or through third parties, including advertising and / or promoting and publishing, even partially, on any media or medium, including the Association’s website and the website of the prize;
- Accepts that the project will be immediately excluded from the call if its paternity proves to be, in whole or in part, of others; or if it is made in violation of the rights of others;
- He/She is aware that if the necessary documents submitted at fair notice (form-online and documentary material) are incomplete and / or not in accordance with these Regulations, the project may be excluded from the Award;
- Declares to accept the decisions of the jury as final and conclusive evaluations, regarding both the merits of the pre-selection of finalists as well as the finalist selection for the award of the prize;
Declares that the proposed project does not infringe any third party rights and does not violate any applicable law;
- Agrees to indemnify the organization from all liability, costs and expenses of any kind which may be incurred as a result of the contents of the proposed performance;
- Fully agrees to the Rules Notice “CROSS”.
The main criterion for the selection of three finalists is relevance to the award. Participants must submit a project concerning the relevant topic defined in paragraph 1. The selection criteria will take into account the following parameters:
- Use of sound and music (soundtracks recorded or live musical performances);
- Originality of the project;
- Use of different languages, art practices and media.
Projects can be of any size and/or duration, to be realized in the spaces identified by the organization. Only new projects will be taken into account.
Production proposals must consider the research area in which the competition develops, that is, the virtuous relationship and synergy between the compositional and expressive musical practices and the act of performing on stage.
The selected projects will be developed during the residency in Verbania from the 2st to the 8th of July 2016. The work carried out will be presented to the jury on July 8th, 2016, at the facilities of Villa Giulia in Pallanza, Il Maggiore of Verbania and the New Theater of Cannobio. The companies must submit an extract of the duration of no less than 20′ and no more than 30′.
The selection of the three projects that will have access to the residence is carried out by the organization of the award. The Jury of experts who will evaluate the finalists and will announce the winner during the presentation on the 8th of July 2016, will be made up of a group of experts (critics, artists, curators), lead by Italo Rota (architetct, designer and advisory leader of NABA) and Margherita Palli (set designer and advisory leader of NABA set design), Renata Rapetti (artistic director Teatro Coccia of Novara and Il Maggiore of Verbania), Olga Strada (director of Italian Cultural Institute in Moscow) Daniele Cavalli (visual artist and designer) and Tommaso Sacchi (curator, professor).
It ‘s also constituted a LOCAL JURY, which will be giving a special mention (Premio Città di Verbania).
Each member of the jury will give a single vote for each performance’s proposal. The judgments of the juries are final.
PHASES AND CALENDAR OF THE AWARD
- The call CROSS opens on March 14th, 2016 and ends on May 16th, 2016
- The three finalists projects will be announced on May 30th, 2016
- The residences at the rooms of Villa Giulia (Verbania), Il Maggiore of Verbania and The New Theater of Cannobio will take place between July 2st and July 8th, 2016
- The final night of the competition will take place on July 8th, 2016; on this date will be determined the winner.
COMMUNICATION OF THE FINALISTS’ PROJECTS
The three projects selected will be notified on the website www.crossaward.com. An e-mail will be sent to all participants on the May 30th, 2016.
PHASE OF RESIDENCE
The phase of residence is held in Verbania and Cannobio from the 2st of July to the 8th of July. For more information about the space you can contact the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the period of residency the organization will cover the costs of accommodation and board for the entire period indicated.
A fee of € 200.00 is expected to be used as travel reimbursement or to cover part of the costs of production during the residence. In addition, technical staff of the Festival Village of Artist will be available to assist the production of the selected projects.
The performance produced during the period of residence will be presented to the public and the jury of experts at Verbania and Cannobio on July 8th, 2016 during the Festival Villaggio d’Artista. The presentation includes two replicas of each performance.After the presentation of the three projects, the jury will announce the winner of the first edition of CROSS. The winning project will receive a prize to support the production of € 4,000.00.
The winning project will also be presented within the programming of Lavanderia a Vapore in Collegno, in collaboration with the Circuito Piemonte dal Vivo in the autumn 2016.
Each candidate expressly authorizes the Association LIS lab Performing Arts as well as its legal representative to process personal data transmitted pursuant to Law 675/96 (“Privacy Act”) as amended D.Igs.196 / 2003 (Privacy Code) , also for inclusion in databases operated by the persons in question.
Customs have to be applied to every matters not considered by this announcement.
The Court of Verbania has the jurisdiction on any controversy.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
According to the effect and purposes of Legislative Decree No. 196/03 “Code of personal data protection”, the parties mutually recognize that they have received the information provided for in art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/03, about processing and communication of data provided at the moment of signing this contract and/or subsequently acquired by the parties during the contractual relationship. In light of the foregoing, the Parties agree that the signing of this contract has the effect of consent for the processing and communication of personal data, according to the information provided for in art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/03